For broadcast application:
- For 1 lb package – Evenly apply 1 lb per 15 sq. ft and incorporate into the top 4 to 5 inches of soil.
- For 4 lb package – Evenly apply 4 lb per 60 sq. ft. and incorporate into the top 4 to 5 inches of soil.
- For 20 lb package – Evenly apply 20 lb per 300 sq. ft. and incorporate into the top 4 to 5 inches of soil.
For row crops:
- Sprinkle fertilizer evenly on each side of the row.
- Per 5 ft. of row, use 1-1/3 cup of fertilizer per side.
For individual plants:
- Sprinkle fertilizer around the plant’s drip line (the outermost circumference of the plant)
- Use up to 1/3 cup of fertilizer per plant.
For potted plants:
- New plants – Add the recommended amount to soil and incorporate: 1/8 cup for a 6” pot or ¼ cup for a 12” pot.
- Established plants – Sprinkle 2 ¼ tsp. of fertilizer (6” pot) or 4 ½ tsp. of fertilizer (12” pot) onto soil along the outer edge of the pot. Water well.
- In garden – use 1 Tbsp. per plant
- In containers – use half the rate for potted plants
For starting plants from seed:
- Place one or two pellets into seed cell, cover with soil and plant seed according to package directions.
- Follow directions above for your specific application.
For any applications above, reapply High Island’s All Purpose Organic Fertilizer every 6 to 8 weeks depending on local weather conditions.